General Manager or Assistant General Manager
Flexibility in scheduling; early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays required.
This Team Member's primary role is to provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations. The individual in this role is responsible for completing assigned activities on the sales floor, in the stockroom and/or the front end. Team Members often work in multiple areas of the store during each shift, therefore flexibility is crucial. Additionally, this position may also handle recovery, ringing register and light cleaning duties. This Team Member must act with the A.C. Moore Values in mind: People, integrity, desire to be the best, passion, enthusiasm and new ideas.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations.
- Rings registers; ensures purchases are processed with speed and accuracy.
- Greets all customers with a friendly offer to help.
- Smiles and says "Thank You" during every customer transaction.
- Ensures planogram integrity is maintained when placing items back on the shelf.
- Pulls all pegged merchandise forward and fronts product to the shelf edge during recovery.
- Communicate and drive marketing efforts to customers.
- Answer telephones with standard A.C. Moore greeting.
- Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
- Work as part of the early morning crew to receive and process freight to the sales floor within stated goal of 24 hours.
- Responsible for the stocking of product and executing planograms as directed.
- Handle light janitorial duties such as sweeping, cleaning the restroom and breakroom and taking the garbage to the dumpster.
- Participate or assist with ad setups, classroom activities, and community events in the store.
- Understand the definitions and methods of retail shrink and comply with all Loss Prevention policies.
- Comply with all A.C. Moore policies outlined in the Team Member Handbook, including dress code and attendance, and company's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Experience & Educational Requirements
Previous retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
High energy level and positive outlook.
Strong communication skills.
Strong problem solving skills.
Sound critical thinking and decision-making skills.
Basic computer skills preferred.
Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting up to 50lbs.
Ability to bend, turn, twist, kneel and/or squat up to 75% a day.
Must be able to move about the store and/or remain stationary, up to 8 hours per day.
Repetitive movement of hands and arms.
Ability to ascend and descend a ladder safely, preferred.
Frequently communicates with customers and/or others.
Team Members must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their Manager.